Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cognac Mint Frappe

Cognac is distilled from grapes from the Cognac region of France. It bears properties of both wine and liquor. Chances are, if you have a taste for wine, you'll appreciate cognac.

The idea for this drink came from the pages of Esquire; I Googled and found a similar recipe from which I drew the name. It's disarming and delicious; it's a good dessert drink.

Cognac Mint Frappe
2 1/2 oz cognac
1/4 oz white creme de menthe

Shake with ice and strain into a double old-fashioned with ice. Add a splash of water, and serve with a mint sprig if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sounds yummy! Wish I would have tried that one before I went through my last Congac bottle. Havnen't really had the need to get another one since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only use I generally have for cognac is in Sangria, but this is a good sipping drink with friends. The best part about this drink is that it doesn't need to be an expensive cognac to taste good. VSOP is generally good sipping territory, but you can get away with a VS in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete